BE OUR OWN BARISTA: FINE FRENCH PRESS
Want to know the secret to brewing the best French press coffee? Read on...The French press is a classic brew method that provides a full-bodied, easy-to-brew cup of coffee. Personally, we enjoy taking the French press on camping trips to easily brew up two cups of coffee in a breeze.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- A French press
- 35 grams of Fresh Roasted Sträva Coffee (ground coarse)
- Hot water
- Coffee Mug
- Bring 20oz of water to a boil.
- Grind 35 grams of coffee coarse.
- Rinse French Press with a little bit of the hot water, then pour out the rinse water.
- Pour 35 grams of fresh coarse-ground coffee to the French press.
- Start your timer and pour 455 grams of your hot water (just off boil, 204°) into the French press over the ground. Make sure to saturate all of the grounds.
- Once you finish pouring in the hot water (around 0:30), gently stir the crust formed by the grounds once or twice to ensure all of the grounds are saturated.
- Let the coffee brew, untouched, until your timer reaches 3:30.
- Once your timer hits 3:30, plunge the French press slowly so you finish at 3:45.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve the French press immediately and refrain from pouring out the last bit of coffee at the bottom!
If your coffee is tasting weak, try fining up your grounds. If it’s tasting overly strong, coarsen up your grounds slightly.
Also in The Roaster's Voice
CBD and Coffee, a Dynamic Duo
One of the most common questions that people ask us is “Why CBD and coffee?”. The answer is multipronged. We put together this post to highlight some of the reasons we feel that CBD and coffee make an optimal combination. We also touch on a few steps we’ve taken to make sure that ours is the best CBD infused coffee on the market!
Stephanie Lorenz, Coffee Buyer & Barista at Blue Sparrow Coffee. The Strava Interview.
Stephanie Lorenz works at Blue Sparrow Coffee (one of our original wholesale partners) in Denver, CO. We’ve been working closely with Steph over the past couple of years as she’s moved into the role of coffee buying. Originally from Wisconsin, she has a truly inspirational and incredible life story. From struggles of addiction to conquering the Pacific Crest Trail on a solo hike, she’s full of positivity and wisdom. So without further ado, we introduce Stephanie Lorenz.