BE OUR OWN BARISTA: FINE FRENCH PRESS
Want to know the secret to brewing the best French press coffee? Read on...The French press is a classic brew method that provides a full-bodied, easy-to-brew cup of coffee. Personally, we enjoy taking the French press on camping trips to easily brew up two cups of coffee in a breeze.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- A French press
- 35 grams of Fresh Roasted Sträva Coffee (ground coarse)
- Hot water
- Coffee Mug
- Bring 20oz of water to a boil.
- Grind 35 grams of coffee coarse.
- Rinse French Press with a little bit of the hot water, then pour out the rinse water.
- Pour 35 grams of fresh coarse-ground coffee to the French press.
- Start your timer and pour 455 grams of your hot water (just off boil, 204°) into the French press over the ground. Make sure to saturate all of the grounds.
- Once you finish pouring in the hot water (around 0:30), gently stir the crust formed by the grounds once or twice to ensure all of the grounds are saturated.
- Let the coffee brew, untouched, until your timer reaches 3:30.
- Once your timer hits 3:30, plunge the French press slowly so you finish at 3:45.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve the French press immediately and refrain from pouring out the last bit of coffee at the bottom!
If your coffee is tasting weak, try fining up your grounds. If it’s tasting overly strong, coarsen up your grounds slightly.
Also in The Roaster's Voice
Thanks to Andrew from Pull & Pour for sharing his thoughts on Sträva coffee. Andrew writes:
Sträva Craft Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster based in Denver, Colorado. While they offer more traditional single-origin options, they are more known for their Peace & Wellness collection, which is a series of hemp-infused CBD coffees.